TERMS OF SERVICE SUMMARY
Welcome to Voice of the Children! These Rules and Regulations are covered, along with additional rules and regulations in the detailed Terms of Service below. This is to notify you that by using these services and thereby agreeing to the our stated Terms of Service, you agree to the following:
1. You will not use the service for chain letters, junk mail, spamming or
2. Any use of distribution lists to any person who has not been given specific permission to be included in such a process.
3. You will not transmit through the Service any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature.
4. You agree not to use the service for illegal purposes.
TERMS OF SERVICE
5. ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF SERVICE The VoC Service (Service), owned and operated by One People One Planet is provided to you under the terms and conditions of this Terms of Service (CTS) and any operating rules or policies that may be published by One People One Planet or Voice of the Children Ltd. The CTS comprises the entire agreement between You and VoC and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein. The CTS may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of the CTS at any time at: http://onepeopleoneplanet.org In addition, when using particular VoC services, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules (including but not limited to our Spam Policy) are hereby incorporated by reference into the CTS. By using or otherwise interacting with our Service, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of the CTS.
6. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE VoC currently provides users with access to a wide array of resources, including, various communications tools, forums, shopping services, personalized content etc through its network of properties (the “Service”). You also understand and agree that the service may include certain communications from VoC, such as service announcements and administrative messages, and that these communications are considered part of VoC operational activity and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new VoC properties, shall be subject to the CTS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided “AS-IS” and that VoC assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to the Service and that access may involve third party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service.
7. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the New Zealand or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or VoC has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, VoC has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof). VoC is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason, children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using the service without supervision by a legal guardian. Please remember that the Service is designed to appeal to a broad audience. Accordingly, as the legal guardian, it is your responsibility to determine whether any of the Services and/or Content are appropriate for your child.
9. MEMBER NAME, PASSWORD AND SECURITY You will receive a password and member name upon completing the Service’s registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify VoC of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. VoC cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
10. YOUR CONDUCT You understand that all information, text, data, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not VoC, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. VoC does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will VoC be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- upload, email, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- harm minors in any way.
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a VoC official or forum leader, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service.
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, national or international law.
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another.
- mis-represent self by age, gender intent etc
- collect or store personal data about other users.
11. You acknowledge that VoC may not pre-screen Content, but that VoC and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, VoC and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the CTS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by VoC or submitted to VoC, including without limitation information in Message Boards, and in all other parts of the Service.
12. You acknowledge, consent and agree that VoC may access, preserve, and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the CTS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of VoC, its users and the public.
13. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. You understand that the Service and software embodied within the Service may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by VoC and/or content providers who provide content to the Service. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the Service.
14. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Service, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
15. SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from New Zealand or the country in which you reside.
16. CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE VoC does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available to the Service, you grant 1P1P the following world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license(s), as applicable: The license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Service for the purposes of providing and promoting VoC Services. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you remove or VoC removes such Content from the Service.
- All syndication is available entirely as is, with no warranties relating to its use.
- VoC reserves the right to cancel this service without notice at any time.
- Materials available for syndication by VoC (denoted by XML or RSS buttons) may be syndicated by individuals, organizations or companies for personal or commercial use (see below for additional considerations).
- VoC reserves the right to deny syndication rights to any party.
- No modifications may be made to any of the materials syndicated. Acceptable changes are limited to typeface, typeface size, typeface color, and line breaks.
- No individual, organization or company may license, sell or otherwise assign use of VoC materials.
- All syndication must have a link back to the VoC website: The appropriate reference link is located in the Channel link portion of the RSS feed.
- All syndication must include proper copyright notification as follows: Copyright © [Publication year] Voice of the Children Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Content that is not made available for syndication (denoted by XML or RSS buttons) cannot be used or syndicated in any manner.
18. INDEMNITY You agree to indemnify and hold VoC, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the CTS, or your violation of any rights of another.
18. NO RESALE OF SERVICE You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service. You understand it is a breach of the CTS to send commercial bulk e-mail, also known as spam, containing a VoC e-mail address as the “From” or “Reply-To” address. As compensation for such a breach of contract, user agrees to pay VoC US $10,000 each day user sends commercial bulk e-mail, containing a VoC E-MAIL address as the “From” or “Reply-To” address. VoC e-mail addresses include any e-mail address including : onepeopleoneplanet and voiceofthechildren. Commercial use of the Service that is compliant with this CTS is permitted.
19. GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE You acknowledge that VoC may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum number of days that email or ecard messages, message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by the Service, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by an account on the Service, the maximum size of any email message that may be sent from or received by an account on the Service, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on VoC’s servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Service in a given period of time. You agree that VoC and or 1p1p has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that VoC reserves the right to log off or remove accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that VoC reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
20. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE VoC and 1p1p may change the terms and conditions of the CTS and reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the Service (or any part thereof). You can review the most current version of the CTS at any time at: http://onepeopleoneplanet.org Your continued use of the Service constitutes an affirmative: (1) acknowledgment by You of the CTS and its modifications; and (2) agreement by You to abide and be bound by the CTS and its modifications; and (3) You agree that VoC shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
21. TERMINATION You agree that VoC may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your account (or any part thereof), any associated email address, and access to the Service. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of the CTS or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) discontinuance or material modification to the Service (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, and (f) extended periods of inactivity.
22. Termination of your Voc account includes (a) removal of access to all offerings within the Service, including but not limited to email, the PetitionSite, Click to Donate, Message Boards, E-Cards, Newsletters, Alerts and Games, (b) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (c) barring further use of the Service. Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in VoCs sole discretion and that VoC shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your account, any associated email address, or access to the Service. Should You object to any terms and conditions of the CTS or any subsequent modifications thereto or become dissatisfied with the Service in any way, Your only recourse is to immediately: (1) discontinue use of the Service. Upon termination of the Service, Your right to use the Service and Software immediately ceases.
23. DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that 1p1p/ VoC shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
24. LINKS The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because VoC has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that VoC is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that VoC shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
25. 1p1p / VoC’s PROPRIETARY RIGHTS You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service (“Software”) contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by VoC or any advertisers, partners, associates or sponsors, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part.
26. VoC grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by VoC for use in accessing the Service.
27. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
1. i. 1. Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” & “As available” basis. VoC expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
1. ii. 1. VoC makes no warrant that (1) the service will meet your requirements (2) the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (3) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (4) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (5) any errors in the software will be corrected.
1. iii. 1. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretions and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
1. iv. 1. Nn advice of information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from VoC or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the CTS.
1. v. 1. A small percentage of users may experience epileptic seizures, when exposed to certain light patters of backgrounds on a computer screen or while using the service. Certain conditions may induce previously undetected epileptic symptoms even in users who have no history of prior seizures or epilepsy. If you, or anyone in your family, have an epileptic condition, consult your doctor prior to using the service. Immediately discontinue use of the service and consult your doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms while using the service : dizziness, altered vision, eye or muscle twitches, loss of awareness, disorientation, any involuntary movement, or convulsions.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
28. NOTICE Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. However, VoC reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service with or without notice to You. The Service may also provide notices of changes to the CTS or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Service.
29. NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this CTS, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
30. TRADEMARK INFORMATION One People One Planet, the 1p1p logo: Voice of the Children, the VoC logo and all and any associated positioning statements, PetitionSite, trademarks and service marks and other logos and product and service names are trademarks of One People One Planet. Without 1p1p’s prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, the 1p1p of VoC Marks.
31. COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS — “DMCA” NOTICE If you believe that any content or material on the site infringes any copyright owned or controlled by you, please send written notice to our Designated Copyright Agent in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”): VoC is a Service Provider. Our Designated Agent for receiving notification of claimed infringement can be reached as follows: Copyright Agent Alan Jones LLB By email: firstname.lastname@example.org To be valid under the DMCA, your notice must be in writing and include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
32. This information is neither intended nor should not be construed as legal advice. For further details on the information required for valid notifications under the DMCA, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3). Under international law, if you knowingly misinterpret that online content on material is infringing your copyright, you may be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury and civil penalties, including monetary damages, court costs, and lawyers’ fees incurred by us, any copyright owner, or any any copyrights owner’s licencee that is injured as a result of reliance upon your misinterpretation. This information is provided exclusively for notifying VoC that content or material(s) on the site or transmitted via the site may be in violation of your copyright(s). VoC does not respond to other enquiries using this process. See “Contact Us” below for all such other inquiries.
33. INFRINGER POLICY In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, it is the policy of VoC to terminate (at it’s sole discretion and without prior notice) users or members who are deemed or suspected by VoC to be repeat infringers. VoC may also at its sole discretion limit access to the site and/or terminate access and use by any user or member who infringes any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
34. GENERAL INFORMATION Entire Agreement. The CTS constitute the entire agreement between you and VoC and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and 1p1p and/ or VoC. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other VoC services, affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software. Choice of Law and Forum. The CTS and the relationship between you and VoC shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and VoC agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within New Zealand (Auckland).
35. Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of VoC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the CTS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the CTS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the CTS remain in full force and effect.
36. No Right of Survivorship and Non-Transferability. You agree that your VoC account is non-transferable and any rights to your VoC I.D. or contents within your account terminate upon your death. Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate, your account may be terminated and all contents therein permanently deleted.
37. Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the CTS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in the CTS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Please report any violations of the CTS to VoC Customer Support through our help form. or via postal Mail at: Alan Jones Law Partnership, P O Box 32249, Devonport, Auckland 0744, New Zealand.